Journal 7: My Personal Learning Network.

Monday, May 9, 2011

My PLN consists of Diigo, Twitter, Classroom 2.0 and Educators PLN. All of these tools have connected we with a vast wealth of community knowledge. By following or searching various keywords as “education” and “classroom” I have been able to see what people in my network have discovered and shared. To me this means that may learn from my peers and contribute as my career continues.

Twitter- I have found Twitter to be interesting yet the most frustrating of my tools. It has a large wealth of knowledge cascading down, but some of these topics I am not interested in. I have to browse through looking for things that interest me. The speed at which these tweets happen made it complicated for me to follow overall I would say it was a bit annoying.

I looked into #teachertuesday on Tuesday, April 26 at 3:15pm. My contribution to this chat: nothing, overall frustration level: high.

Diigo has been the tool that I have the most fun with. I have bookmarked many sites that pertain to education and have found many more looking through my network. The sites that I have marked as PLN are those that relate to either education or education as a career. I constantly find myself bookmarking as I surf the net.


I joined the Educator’s PLN. I found it is a very popular PLN with a vast array of information and videos. My one concern is that I received an email and comment from a woman in Africa who said she would like me to be her guardian. She lost her family and has inherited a fortune. Sounds a bit fishy, it was surprising to see that comment since it was required that I submit some info for review before I gained access to the PLN.


Find more videos like this on The Educator's PLN

0 comments:

Post a Comment